Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Picking Blueberries


Another family outing to add to our list of "things to do before Ben leaves for Iraq," was to pick blueberries at a local farm(?) patch(?) field(?) - whatever the correct terminology. Needless to say, I had a vision of family bonding among berries and enjoying the great outdoors...who would have thought this fantasy of family fun would end in crying children. Of course it ends in crying children. It ALWAYS does!! Although these pictures depict a happy family, it was only moments before it 'rained on my parade.' The hot sun, humidity, fruit flies, a starving baby and the failure to realize 'actual time to pick a GALLON of berries' all contributed to everyone's misery.


Note Harrison's one gallon bucket with a single blueberry ( you got a long way to go, buddy!)

Trying to simulate 'having a good time'
In all actuality, having a miserable time added to our memories, good or bad- and it makes for a great story. The End

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Well, at least he had O.N.E. blueberry.
We know you are lonesome and wish there was something to help. BUT, it won't be long until you and the three little ones come to live with us for a while. We can blog together.

Melissa said...

I love how honest you are about it! How funny! Thanks for calling this morning. I love having someone to talk to about everything!

Mel

Krismisstree said...

Cat--I found your blog from your comment left on David and Kristen's blog :) i really miss your sense of humor and will enjoy reading your blog. I have one too, but it's not nearly as funny as yours, nor does it have as many pictures :)

http://www.krismisstree.blogspot.com/

Hope all is well!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat :)
Also found your blog from David and Kristen's blog :) Fun to be able to read and see what you guys are up to! You're too funny - very honest "we will have fun, darn it!".
We used to have a blog, but haven't updated it in almost a year - might have to breathe new life into it ;)
Tata!
Wiesje

Krismisstree said...

My sister is actually a music teacher but loves to take pictures. If you look at her blog, she just took wedding pictures for her brother-and-sister-in-law's wedding--something nobody will ever ask me to do :):)

3 1/2 weeks until my due date...and I am definitely ready :) She's head down now so she's on her own timetable.

i am glad you will be back in the Laramie area in August! No fun for you that Ben is gone; we are definitely praying for you and the kiddos, and Ben too.

I'll keep reading your blog, so keep posting!! :):)

out numbered said...

Hello!! I can't believe how grown your kids are and that you have a third kid too!! Reese has such cute curls. We are enjoying DC and staying busy. Keep in Touch!- Deanna

Lee Ann said...

I love the picture of you and Reese at the top. I am so glad I found your site, from the Winegars. I hope all is well.